I finally got to wet a line once again as my wife & I headed out for our annual Christmas fishing trip. We fished for a total of about two days worth of time and had a blast. Despite the weather raining on us for most of the first couple of days, it was still fantastic. We arrived somewhere after noon on Friday and by the time we hit the water, it was after 1:00 P.M. We fished for about 3.5 hours and managed to get into several good fish. I think between the two of us, we landed about 7 of the 10 possible fish that we had on. Not too bad for a short time! The second day saw us arriving on the water just before 9:00 A.M. due to the torrential rains that were falling prior to this time. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen with the runoff and decided to wait it out. We still fished in plenty of rain, but began when it had let up a little. Christiane managed to land 3 nice steelies on her own once again and I had 5 of a possible 7 to my credit. The largest would have gone possibly 13 pounds but all were fresh and powerful! We decided to cut out for lunch around noon and realized later that this was a big mistake. When we arrived back on the water after 1:30 P.M. it was virtually unfishable. The colour was absolute mud and the visibility was practically none. Although we gave it a shot, we soon realized that it wasn’t to be and decided to cut our losses and just go shopping instead. The third day we were to fish with Kevin Davis from “Catch The Drift” and hooked up with him just after 7:00 A.M. The water level had risen quite a bit and the colour wasn’t great either, but we were going to make the best of it nevertheless. We decided to put in further up river to avoid some of the muddy water and hoped to be able to fish slightly cleaner water by doing so. Christiane really had the upper hand on me today as she landed 4 fish before I even managed a strike. Unfortunately, the strike soon became a break off and I was still at zero! Everywhere we stopped to drift a presentation, it seemed like she was hooking up. In one spot, I hadn’t drifted ten feet and she was locked on her first cast. The water was starting to get dirty as we floated further down river and at one point, we could only fish part of the river due to a huge mud line down the middle. To make matters worse, we were losing temperature and the winds were gusting at about 50 MPH. It wasn’t pretty, but we continued nonetheless! By the time it was all over, we had landed 9 fish and I had only managed 3 of them. We probably had chances at over a dozen or so, but under these conditions, were happy to get what we had and called it a day. Based on the conditions, I don’t think we would have had anywhere near the number of fish on our own today. By booking a trip with Kevin, we turned a terrible day into another great one. He really knows the river and fishing from a drift boat gives you another advantage that you just can’t get from any shoreline. You can see the pics from today on his website at www.catchthedrift.com I urge everyone to give this a try as he will definitely make your day a memorable one! All fish throughout this entire trip were released to fight another day!!