I headed out onto the water with my wife, Christiane today seeing as how this was her vacation week in hopes of getting into some decent fish. What I didn’t count on though, was just how good it was going to be. The weather looked like there might be thunder showers some time during the day, but overall it was just a day of sunshine and intermittent clouds. The winds however were a different story with a heavy blow from the SW at 10 to 20 knots and even stronger gusts. The air temps today would exceed 80 degrees and the water temps were slightly above the 70 degree mark. We began our day with a troll and it didn’t take long before the first fish was on and almost landed. Unfortunately the walleye came unpinned right at the boat and I watched the 5 pounder dash back to the depths from where she came. Oh well, they can’t all stay hooked! We continued trolling and caught a pile of northern pike along with a really decent sized largemouth bass and then the winds kicked up and we were in average 2 to 3 footers. It was just about this time that the fish really started to bite and the rods were firing off like popcorn. Almost every time one went off, so did the other and reels were just screaming! In the next hour or so there were multiple doubles with a couple of really big walleye landed as well. It eventually looked more like Lake Ontario out there and trolling started to become a pain with all the wave action so I decided to change it up a little and head somewhere that we could cast. It didn’t take long for Christiane to lock up on a nice smallmouth and now she had another species to add to her already “Grand Slam” for the day. We kept fishing the area as she boated another walleye along with a northern shortly after. There was loads of smallmouth up to 4 pounds also caught before we decided to call it quits for the day. The run back was a real roller coaster ride as we were going with the wind in 3 to 4 footers. Now it really felt more like the big lake “O” than our home waters & I was glad to be in the Ranger. Any other boat would have most likely eaten a wave or two, but we stayed totally dry! Although we may have only been on the water for about 6 hours, it was full of action and plenty of fish. All fish released to fight another day!!