Mike & Cleo joined me today on a local lake for smallies and got em good! We ran from the ramp in 3 to 4 footers and sliced through them like butter to reach our destination. Nothing runs like a 621 Ranger! Water temps were 72 to 73 degrees and the air temps were about the same with humidity. I had both parties begin with spinnerbaits to see if we could get into some active smallmouth, due to the waves and strong S/SW winds blowing at 15 to 20 knots. There were a few smaller than average fish taken, but I wasn’t satisfied! I knew the potential of this area and wanted more! I switched Cleo up to a tube and pointed him in the direction needed to take the bigguns, but he once again came up with just average sized smallies. We were now seeing a few of the larger fish moving around in the stained water & I knew it was just a mater of time before they would hit. To my amazement, they refused the lures again and even the senko’s I was throwing were only enticing the smaller ones to eat. I think all the rain & wind from the night before had shut them down and I really had to make a drastic adjustment in order to salvage the day. I wanted big fish & there was nothing more frustrating than seeing them & not catching! Well, for anyone that hasn’t tried “Berkley Gulp Alive”, they are definitely missing out! I save this stuff for the really tough days and this was one of them. I re-rigged one of the rods with a 1/8 ounce jig head and a minnow bait and handed it to Cleo to try. It didn’t take too long before he had a couple of fish landed and one was over 4 pounds. Immediately after, I rigged the other rod and gave it to Mike to use and he to began catching fish as well. In fact, he landed a post spawn bass that would have been over 20 inches and also went 4 pounds or better. If it weren’t for the fact that it was skinny, it might have been closer to 5 pounds. The remainder of the time on the water was spent catching instead of fishing and there were fish of all sizes coming aboard consistently now. By the time we were ready to leave, they must have caught 15 or 20 bass up to and over 4.5 pounds in a few short hours. As this was only a 4 hour outing due to Mike having to get back to work in the afternoon, it was pretty good nonetheless. With the aid of the Berkley product, we were able to turn this so, so day into a great one by making a few minor adjustments!!